Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Community Who Are You and What Are You In For?

...amoreena has me beat...turn 65 in couple months..(may)..been using cannabis since 68-69...vaping since 2012..after my 1st high with a silver surfer vape (ssv)..I never combusted again..5 years now and I could start my own store...so many vapes...desktops..portables..
...well I'm retired now I was a city inspector in sf for over 30 years...
...love vaping, photography...rondd5 on Flickr..and intelligent conversation.

Your pretty intelligent!
My MOD with ROSIN in the tank (RBA) = beyond CIVILIZATION

What nail do buy?
I have a lot of tanks MODIFIED for CANNABIS products.

I'm into CIVILIZATION COLLAPSE, maybe that's why I alway try to stay CIVILIZED!

Sorry this GSC ROSIN is kind of strong at 40 watts?
Greetings my friend, for the purpose of thread continuity, I just wanted to point out in this thread that I have replied to your question about which nail to buy in the AHA (Ask Herbivore Anything) thread. Click the link in my sig and we can get to discussing which nail will suit your needs best :D

Link is below too:

Ask Herbivore Anything

I started smoking cannabis when I was teenager. Stopped for 20 years or so. In December of 2015, I was offered an oil vape pen and hit it. Didn't like the taste, but liked what I felt.
After working manual labor jobs then retail, I have back and knee pain.
I liked how the high from the pen made me feel but the taste... was bad. Plus, after some research I found that oils can contain toxins and solvents.
I found a forum and got information on flower vapes and bought my first vape almost a year ago.

I love music, animals and good conversations.

Thanks to @momofthegoons, @max and @OldOyler for this place.

Lol... I feel like this is a reunion and we are catching up and reminding each other of who we are...:biggrin:

A big welcome to everyone who has joined since the last time I popped in here and thanks for the support.

Thank you also for the patience as we work out the kinks... :heart:

Well I'm a little late to the party here I see. You guys just up and made a new website and didn't tell me but now I'm here so let me introduce myself with a few words.

I'm sixstringsmash and I love lamp.

But for real I've been consuming herb for the past ten years or so. I started using Vaporizers a little maybe five or six years ago but didn't stop combustion and still occasionally smoked until I decided to go the 100% vaporizer route a little over a year ago. Since then I've noticed some little increases in health that make the day easier. I regret nothing and relish everything.

Hi!

Hi, my names Freddie, and I've been a vaporizer addict for 2 years.

Congrats on the new site @momofthegoons !! Nice to see so many familiar faces :wave:
It feels kinda like an exclusive club atm :headbang: Now where did I put my Members Only jacket? :rofl:

Let's see, I first started vaping going on 7 years ago. Wow time flies! :myday:

A good friend introduced me to the power of the SSV for my first experience, and I've pretty much been hooked ever since. Not long after, I purchased an EZ Vape from a friend for $40. Obviously, that wasn't a wise purchase. It worked (and thankfully didn't char or combust like other similar units) but didn't impress me enough to convert from combustion.

Next, I bought a knock-off Volcano (called Phantom) from a LHS. This was hands down one of the stupidest purchases I've ever made and I'll leave it at that :BangHead:
If only I had done my research and learned about the forums back then. Ahh, but hindsight and all that jazz right?

The Phantom brought my ill conceived vape purchases to an end and (with exception of trying my friends Pax, which I hated) I stuck to combustion predominantly until a couple of years ago.

This go around I tried to do my research before hand, which consisted mostly of popular vaporizer reviewers, until I eventually found the forums. I settled on the HA2.2 as my first quality vaporizer, and while it didn't fully convert me to vaping, it was a huge game changer for me by helping me decide what styles of vaping I prefer.

After using the HA for a few months I upgraded to an LSV, and I can directly pinpoint this as the one that did it. It's the vape that finally converted me (as a bong guy it only made sense) and started the snowball effect of monthly vaporizer purchases that were to follow. Within a week of receiving my LSV, I ordered an E-nano, and it was all over from there.

It wasn't until the discovery of the wonderful little cheap device known as the Vapcap that my friends finally decided to join me on the vape train. I can say that thanks to the VC, most of them have officially converted. So for the most part, we're all one big happy vaping family! Cheers! :science: :peace: :weed: :smoke:

If you recognize my screen name, you probably figure I have been around for a few decades… been enjoying cannabis since the late 60s, with my first foray being a load of hash that one of my friends brought back when she returned from living in India for 2 years. In my late 20s, I ended up taking a 35 year t-break to get married, raise a family, have a career, etc. I had lost all my previous contacts due to moving and life changes. I re-discovered my love on a trip to Colorado a couple of years ago after it was legalized.

I began using it in my “vintage” bong (kept from the 70s) and was literally blown away by how powerful it was. There was very little like it available to me when I was previously smoking, so I was pretty excited. And the product was green, not brown, smelled wonderful and NO SEEDS. Needless to say, I was pumped.

I began doing research into the different strains, and went down a rabbit hole that I had no idea existed. It led me to the world of vaporizers. I purchased a FocusVape in the early part of 2016, played around with it awhile, and decided I was hooked. Purchased an Air, which I still use to this day if vaping with friends, but my ultimate love has become the VapCap. I’m totally a lightweight micro-doser, and this fits my needs perfectly. Not to mention the beautiful Lego-like configurations that have zapped my bank account!

I started back in my cannabis journey using recreationally, but soon noticed that small amounts had a wonderful effect on my mental and physical health. I have decided that micro-dosing fits my needs, and it works on me a lot like homeopathy – less is better.

So, glad to find this forum, and look forward to learning and sharing.

Well... I reached 104 members today... and we have our first sponsor. :biggrin: I had this sitting in the fridge just waiting to hit 100 and never thought it would happen this fast. I popped the cork and am toasting to the fine people who have come and supported me here and counting my blessings. Thank you to all of you for helping me make this happen. This toast is to you guys.... cheers!

cQfuIXU.jpg

Last edited:
Well... I reached 104 members today... and we have our first sponsor. :biggrin: I had this sitting in the fridge just waiting to hit 100 and never thought it would happen this fast. I popped the cork and am toasting to the fine people who have come and supported me here and counting my blessings. Thank you to all of you for helping me make this happen. This toast is to you guys.... cheers!

cQfuIXU.jpg

CONGRATS Mom!!! I think I speak for everyone when I say we're happy to be here and it's our pleasure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well... I reached 104 members today... and we have our first sponsor. :biggrin:
Thats awesome Mom, this place is taking off like a shooting star!!! I will join you in a libation shortly . . . :partyhat:

Hey gang. I think most of you know me from that other place. :tongue: I missed Mom's big goodbye last week, so, sorry to see you go, and happy to see you here. I think that covers it. :smile:

My relationship with weed goes back to early January 1976 because, well, President Ford. I've been vaping since summer 2009....a pretty lousy first vape I won't mention became my crossing the Rubicon moment, and I've never looked back. If my hands aren't on a guitar, they're on a vape.

Nice to see so many old friends here. :cheers:

Well... I reached 104 members today... and we have our first sponsor. :biggrin: I had this sitting in the fridge just waiting to hit 100 and never thought it would happen this fast. I popped the cork and am toasting to the fine people who have come and supported me here and counting my blessings. Thank you to all of you for helping me make this happen. This is toast is to you guys.... cheers!

cQfuIXU.jpg

Veuve, one of my favorites. Congrats with the liftoff.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back